HAPPY 75TH BIRTHDAY PHILIP GLASS
And so it goes with out much more explanation that the soon to be released REWORK_Philip Glass Remixed (October 23rd), in honor of his 75th birthday is a must hear, must listen work for any musician of contemporary music.
The link below is on of the first installments of a track from the soon to be released work. It is a revisionment of Glass's work NYC 73-78 remixed by the artist Beck. Beck himself has gone through many stylistic changes, but can be described as creating musical collages just a Philip Glass has often been described.
I personally view both as musical colorist - artists who music moves in waves and takes the listener on journeys through synesthesis of movements of images, which is why I chose this track first to play. I hope you enjoy the listen. Click on the link below for exclusive first listen.
No comments:
Post a Comment